We prepare teachers for 21st Century schools with state of the Art infrastructure.
The institute has the following general and method laboratories available for the students to use:
- Smart Classrooms.
- Computer Laboratory.
- Language Laboratory.
- Library with rich collection
- Psychology Resource Centre.
- Information and Communication Technology Resource Centre.
- Science and Home Science Resource Centre.
- Mathematics Resource Centre.
- Social Science Resource Centre.
- Art and Craft Resource Centre.
Each general and method laboratory has a teacher in-charge who ensures maintenance of the equipments and other facilities.
- Computer laboratory has a full time computer instructor.
- Centralised facilities of maintenance of equipment by the trained technician /personnel are available.
- The enhancement and up gradation of the equipment and laboratory is done regularly to keep abreast with latest equipment/facilities for various laboratories by the institute and management.
Learning Facilitation Lab
- Total Number of Books: 11352
- Total Number of Titles: 3525
- Total Number of Reference Books: 940
- Encyclopedias: 16
- No. of Magazines: 11
- No. of Newspapers: 05
- Dissertations: 140
- Monographs: 195
- Digital Material (CD's): 278
- Synopsis of Faculty of Education Panjabi university Patiala (year 2012, 14 & 15)
Journals Acquired For the College: 15 (National= 14 and International=1)
Membership of DELNET scince-2007, & N-list since-2010
- Recent Researches in Psychology (Life Time Subscription) - (Quarterly)
- Edutrack (Life Time Subscription) - (Monthly)
- University News - (Weekly)
- Indian Education Review - (Quarterly)
- Indian Educational Abstracts - (Quarterly)
- Alberta Journal of Education and Research - (Tri-Annually)
- Journal of Indian Education - (Tri-Annually)
- School Science - (Quarterly)
- Bhartiya Adhunik Shiksha - (Quarterly)
- The Primary Teacher - (Quarterly)
- Primary Shiksha - (Quarterly)
- Journal of All India Association for Education Research - (Life time)
- Anweshika - (Half Yearly)
- Journal of Social Sciences (Life Time Subscription) - (Tri-Annually)
- Journal of community guidance & counseling (Life Time Subscription) - (Half Yearly)
Applied for subscription of 4 online journals from Wiley Blackwell in 2015
- British Journal of Educational Research
- Review of Education
- Research World
- School Science & Mathematics
- India Today - (Weekly)
- National Geographic - (Monthly)
- Competition Refresher - (Monthly)
- Outlook - (Weekly)
- Reader's Digest - (Monthly)
- Greh Shobha - (Monthly)
- Meri Saheli - (Monthly)
- Sports Star - (Weekly)
- Women's Era - (Bi-Monthly)
- Preet ladi - (Monthly)
- Seminar - (Monthly)
News Papers: 5
- The Tribune
- Hindustan Times
- Amar Ujala
- Punjabi Tribune
- Employment news
In library of University School of Education we have 137 dissertations and 171monographs have been added to the library till the session 2011-12. Five new computers have been installed in the library for creating a digital library. Students will have access to online magazines, newspapers and various e-books related to the field of education through DELNET. We have the subscription of N-List (INFLIBNET) from the month of June 2012.
Highlights of University School of Education's Library
- Spacious, well ventilated and comfortable with the sitting of 100
- All books have been classified as per DDC 18th addition.
- Technical processing of each and every book has been done.
- OPAC for book search is available.
- Library catalogue displayed on College's website.
- All books have been marked with their rack numbers for correct replacement.
- Four National Journals as well as 1 International Journal is subscribed by our library. We are planning to subscribe 4 more online journals in this session.
- Back Volumes of all journals subscribed by our library have been maintained since 2005.
- Book Bank Facility is being provided to economically weak students since inception of the college. Five books to each student are issued for an entire session. Since 2006, sixty four students have been benefited with the service.
- Best Library Reader Award is given to two students one from B.Ed and one from M.Ed on the annual function day.
- Inter College Competitions for the library on various themes are organized every year since 2012.
- All the Educational Surveys and Commission Reports which are vital for research work in the field of education are available in the library.